Dean's Decree No. 11/2019 - Conditions and course of the admission procedure for the follow-up master's programme in English at the Faculty of Music and Dance AMU in Prague
Art. 1 Introductory provisions
Pursuant to Articles 18 and 19 of the Statute of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, the Dean of the Faculty of Music and Dance of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (HAMU) declares the following admission rules and conditions for admission to the full-time master's degree programme in English in the academic year 2020/2021.
Art. 2. List of HAMU programmes opened for academic year 2020/2021
Art of Music Programmes:
Art of Dance Programmes:
Art. 3 Course of entrance examination
Art 4. Admission procedure rules and admission requirements
- Each department and section sets their specific dates for the admission procedure. The time frame for these dates is set out in the Academic Year Timetable 2019/2020. Invitations with further information will be sent to candidates by the relevant departments' officers to the e-mail address provided in their application form.
- The master's programme is accredited as a two-year follow-up to a previous successfully completed bachelor's programme in the same field of study. If it is not unambiguously clear from the candidate's application that the requirement of the same field of study/programme is satisfied, the Dean may, upon written request of the examination board of the relevant field of study/programme approve the participation in the admission procedure for the master's programme in case the completed bachelor's programme was the same or related in terms of the relevant programme's contents. See also Annex No. 1 to the Dean's Decree No. 8/2019. A condition for admission to the master's degree programme is also a successful completion of the entrance examinations in the English language and meeting the admission procedure requirements.
- All conditions for meeting the set criteria as well as the minimum and maximum scores for the entrance examinations for each programme are available at: https://www.hamu.cz/en/study/admission-procedures/
Art. 5 Alternative dates of entrance examinations
- There are no alternative dates for the admission procedure. If an applicant is unable to attend the entrance examination on the dates specified for health reasons and submits a medical confirmation within 3 days of the date of the entrance examination, the Dean will assess the circumstances and, in exceptional and justified cases, may set an alternative date for the entrance examination, as proposed by the relevant department and agreed with the relevant admission committee.
Art. 6 Announcement of the results of the admission procedure
Applicants will be informed about the result of the entrance examination in writing within 30 days of the decision of the admission committee.
Art. 7 Final provisions
The Decree was discussed and approved by the Academic Senate of HAMU on 19 November 2019. The Decree comes into effect on the day of its publication on the HAMU website and official notice board.
In Prague, 20.11.2019
prof. Ivan Klánský
Dean of HAMU
Annex to Dean's Decree No 11/2019, Conditions and course of admission procedure at the Faculty of Music and Dance of AMU Prague
Mandatory attachments to applications for the follow-up master's programmes for 2020/2021
Mandatory attachments to applications for the follow-up master's programmes Applicants will complete the electronic application form, and send it to the faculty's study system (KOS) and further deliver it in printed form and signed by hand with all mandatory attachments to the address of the faculty within the set deadline.
MANDATORY ATTACHMENTS TO THE APPLICATION:
- Programme sheet, i.e. an overview of previous work including significant compositions or creative works studied (does not apply to Music Production, Music Theory and Dance art) in English,
- Proof of payment of the administrative fee,
- Artistic/professional curriculum vitae with a portrait photo signed in hand in English,
- Applicants who graduated from a foreign university shall submit officially certified and translated into Czech copies of the bachelor's diploma and diploma supplement with a nostrification clause. In the case of previous study at a Czech higher education institution, the applicant shall submit an officially verified bachelor's diploma and a diploma supplement or a confirmation of studying in the final year at university (in the application box) issued by the Office of Studies; after completing the bachelor's degree, the relevant documents must be delivered to the Office of Studies of HAMU immediately,
- medical certificate of eligibility to study the selected programme confirmed by a doctor in the box in the application form - in Czech,
- Applicants applying for study in English will enclose to their application a certificate from an accredited institution confirming their language proficiency at CEFR level B2,
- Singing: applicant will submit a statement no more than 1 month old from a phoniatric specialist – in Czech.
The documents provided will not be returned.
8. prosinec 2019