Dean’s Decree No. 14/2020, admission procedure and conditions for the bachelor’s programme in English
Article 1 Introductory Provisions
In accordance with articles 18 and 19 of the Statute of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague, the Dean of the Music and Dance Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague (HAMU) announces the following rules and conditions for the admission procedure for the full-time bachelor’s programme in English for the 2021/2022 academic year.
Article 2 Open study disciplines in English at HAMU for the 2021/2022 academic year
Art of Music programme:
Art of Dance programme:
Article 3 Admission Procedure
- Schedule for the entrance examinations: 25 – 29 January 2021
- The online application form is open 1–30 November 2020.
- Deadline for applications: 30 November 2020
- The fee is 36 EUR (NOTE: this figure EXCLUDES the bank transfer fee). For payments from other countries: SWIFT CODE: KOMBCZPPXXX; IBAN: CZ5301000000195373180297
- Complete the electronic application form at https://prihlaska.amu.cz/apps/kos/prihlaska/wpr_webapp_pg.main?p_session_id=&p_view=&p_action=changeLang&p_lang=AN, print out the application form generated as a pdf and send it, with the applicant’s signature and all the required annexes (see the appendix to this Order), to: HAMU Department of Student Affairs, Malostranské nám. 13, 118 00 Prague 1, or by hand to the AMU REGISTRY (PODATELNA), Malostranské nám. 259/12, Prague 1. For opening hours, see: https://www.amu.cz/en/all-about-amu/university-organizational-structure/
- For more , see https://www.hamu.cz/en/studies/admission-procedures/
- forms postmarked after the deadline will not be accepted for the admission procedure.
Article 4 Rules for the Admission Procedure and Conditions for Admission
- The entrance examinations take place in English.
- Each department and section sets specific times at which admission procedures will take place. Invitations with further information will be sent to candidates by the appropriate department’s officers using the e-mail address given in the study application.
- If, after the first round (usually a correspondence round), the department requests other materials, such as videos, sheet music, recordings, electronic recordings, links to internet repositories or CD/DVDs (apart from the application form and obligatory annexes; see the annex to this order), the candidate is obliged to send these materials directly to the appropriate department, using the appropriate e-mail address. Failure to supply the requested materials by the deadline for filing applications will be treated as a failure to comply with the conditions of the admission procedure, which will thereby be terminated.
- All the conditions for fulfilling the set criteria and determining the minimum and maximum examination marks for admission procedures in the various fields are available online; see https://www.hamu.cz/en/studies/admission-procedures/
Article 5 Alternative Dates for the Entrance Examinations
- No alternative date for the admission procedure has been set. If an applicant is unable to attend the scheduled entrance examination for medical reasons and submits a medical certificate within three days of the holding of the entrance examination, the Dean will evaluate the excuse and in exceptional and justified cases may, following agreement with the relevant admissions commission, set an alternative date for the entrance examination as proposed by the department in question.
Article 6 Publishing the Results of the Admission Procedure
Applicants will be informed of the results of the entrance examination in writing within 30 days of the admissions commission’s decision.
Article 7 Final Provisions
- This Order was discussed and approved by the HAMU Academic Senate on June 24th 2020.
- This Order comes into effect on the day it is published on HAMU’s website and official notice board.
Prague, June 29th 2020
Dean of HAMU
appendix to Dean’s Order No 14/2020, admission procedure and conditions at the Music and Dance Faculty of the Academy of Performing Arts in Prague
Required annexes to the application form for the bachelor’s programme in the 2021/2022 academic year
Applicants must complete the electronic application form and submit it to the Faculty’s study system (KOS) and also send it – printed, signed and with all required annexes – to the Faculty within the set time limit.
The following annexes in the following languages are required. Supplied documents are not returned.
- an officially verified copy of highest attained education certificate – school-leaving examination certificate – required in Czech; or
- confirmation of an application by a secondary school student affairs department with the expected date of the school-leaving examination – required in Czech;
- document confirming payment of the administrative fee – required in Czech or English;
- medical confirmation of fitness for study – required in Czech;
Singing study discipline: medical confirmation by a phoniatrist no more than 30 days old
1. professional curriculum vitae signed by hand with a portrait photograph
2. i.e. an overview of work done to date, including major compositions learnt or creative works done (does not apply to the study disciplines Music Production, Music Theory and Dance Theory).
3. motivation letter:
- Candidates for study in English who are studying in the CR should attach a document confirming the completion of secondary education in the CR or confirmation of the application by a secondary school student affairs department with the expected date of the school-leaving examination (Section 49(4)(a) of the Act on Universities) – required in Czech;
- Candidates for study in English who are studying abroad should attach a document confirming the completion of secondary education abroad or confirmation of the application by a foreign secondary school student affairs department with the expected date of the school-leaving examination Section 49(4)(a) of the Act on Universities). An officially verified Czech translation of the document, furnished with an apostille, is required (Section 49(4)(a) of the Act on Universities), or possibly an equivalent document pursuant to the Act on Universities – required in Czech;
- Candidates applying for a study programme accredited in English are obliged to attach to the study application an official document from an accredited institution in the CR confirming that the candidate passed an English language examination at level B2 according to the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages – required in Czech or English.
10. červenec 2020