April 23.- 28. 2012
The Sonic Mind: Listening as a Creative Resource for Composition
1. Between Sound and Structure; between Elite and Folk: Challenges to Contemporary Composers.
2. New listening: Uncovering the Anatomy of Sound. On Spectromorphology.
3. New listening: An Aural Approach to Form-building
4. Technical considerations: Stretchable Space.
About Specific Compositions by Lasse Thoresen
5. Illuminations. (Technical focus: spectral chords in spectromorphological shape)
6. AbUno. (Technical focus: Spectrality) Narrative for Saxophone Quartet (Technical focus: Interval based vs. Sound Based Structure)
7. Helligkvad, Himmelske Fader. (Technical focus: Microtonal modality)
8. The Descent of Luminous Waters, Ut Omnes Unum Sint. (Technical focus: Spectrotonality).
9. Concrescence: New Voices New Vocal Music. Mythes Étoilées, Diphonie I (Technical focus: New Vocal Techniques.)