The Bachelor´s programme in Dance Pedagogy provides education in the area of dance pedagogy, which includes practical experience with various dance techniques, styles, methods and didactics of dance education with a focus on folk, classical and modern dance, and an overview of the historical development of dance. Emphasis is placed on acquiring the knowledge and skills which form the basic corpus of dance pedagogy, and students also search for their future professional focus (specialisation in a certain type of dance).
A graduate of the Bachelor´s programme in the field of Dance Pedagogy should have obtained a comprehensive education in the individual dance techniques in their contemporary conception, knowledge and skills in the area of dance pedagogy generally and a basic volume of knowledge in the selected dance technique both theoretically and with respect to pedagogical practice in order to be able to work in a pedagogical role in elementary dance education (primary arts schools, the lower years of dance conservatories). A graduate also has an overview of the history and theory of dance, thanks to which he or she can perceive the selected field in the context of dance generally, as well as from the perspective of other artistic fields and culture.
Foreign students applying for the tuition free study in Czech language need to provide a certificate of Czech language proficiency of B1 level or higher (in accordance with CEFR) from an acredited institution along with their application.
The prerequisites for admission are knowledge of dance techniques (classical, modern, folk) at the advanced level of a graduate of a dance conservatory, teaching talent and interest in the field documented ideally by teaching experience, knowledge of music theory, overview of history of dance and ballet, general cultural insight, stage experience welcomed.
The admissions procedure takes place in two elimination rounds:
1. hand in a written preparation of the performance of two of your own teaching samples.
The applicant prepares for performance any 2 combinations of dance techniques of classical dance, modern/contemporary dance, and/or folk dance. The applicant shall hand in a filled out form (https://www.hamu.cz/media/K107_PT_priprava_vystupu_1.pdf) for the two combinations performed.
2. written test of general cultural maturity and on the history of dance and ballet
3. practical exam of dance techniques (classical, modern, folk)
the selected applicants will be made public for attending round 2 of the admissions procedure
1) interview on basic knowledge on system of dance technique (classical, modern or folk dance); methodological approach to analysis of individual elements required
2) interview on dance pedagogy – class preparation and execution, attitude of teacher towards students, etc.
3) demonstration of two own teaching samples, for which the preparation was handed in during round one.
Note: Appropriate dance clothes and footwear are necessary for both parts of the exam.